The Magic of a Biltmore Christmas!
October 2, 2018 by: Diane Rogers
One of the top attractions in Asheville is George Vanderbilt's 250-room estate, Biltmore and it is simply magical when decorated for the Christmas season adorned with hundreds of wreaths, thousands of lights and miles of garland. Fortunately this beloved event runs from Nov 3, 2018 through Jan 5, 2019 so there are plenty of chances to visit and we can help our guests plan early and choose the best options for their visit:
Option 1: Two-consecutive day ticket for $65/each plus tax purchased from Pinecrest B&B. Tickets will be added to your reservation and are refundable. Guests have access to the house, grounds, and winery. On peak reservation days (every Fri/Sat/Sun plus Nov 19-22; Dec 24-Jan1,) you will need a timed reservation to enter the Biltmore house; we can help make those arrangements for you.
A daytime visit to Biltmore is a feast for the senses. Wrap yourself in the scent of fresh evergreens as you admire holiday décor featuring wreaths, garlands, and the sparkle of thousands of ornaments on more than 55 glorious Christmas trees. The celebration continues across the estate, including colorful holiday blooms in the Conservatory, commemorative Christmas wine at the Winery, special menus in restaurants, and Antler Hill Village's must-see evening illumination display.
Option 2: Candlelight Christmas Evenings is a separate ticketed event with prices ranging from $70-$90 when purchased at Biltmore.com. You will have access to the Biltmore house on the evening of your ticket; access to the gardens, village, and winery (but no house daytime) can be either the day of or the day after. We have a discounted price of $55-80 plus tax by calling Biltmore at 1-866-779-6293 and asking for Partner Inn promotion code 150. Your card will be charged by Biltmore and the tickets are non-refundable.
Biltmore House greets you with the soft glow of luminaries and holiday lights on a towering Norway spruce. Inside, thousands of ornaments on dozens of Christmas trees reflect the flicker of candlelight, firelight, and twinkle lights. Live performances of Christmas music add to your self-guided evening visit, which includes admission to Antler Hill Village & Winery. The Village is a must-see part of your holiday experience: trees, buildings, and pathways to our restaurants, shops, and Winery are illuminated with a glittering cascade of lights, the fountain is aglow with special visual effects, and the champagne bubble ornament display that adorns the Winery’s Tasting Room ceiling is nothing short of stunning.
Option 3: Candlelight Christmas Upgrade is $25/each plus tax when purchasing a $65 pass from Pinecrest. Guests would need to reserve with Biltmore by calling 1-866-779-6293 and ask for the Upgrade Promo Code 150; $25/each plus tax which would be paid to Biltmore at the time you make your reservation (and make a day time reservation at the same time if necessary.) The two-day passes would be added to your bill at Pinecrest. This option gives you 2 days on the estate plus the Candlelight Christmas. Pinecrest passes are refundable; Biltmore upgrades as non-refundable.
For more insider tips, read on:
- Pinecrest B&B is located about 3 miles from the Biltmore entrance and we have directions on our Biltmore brochures to help our guests navigate to avoid congested traffic.
- When making daytime house reservations, we recommend no earlier than 10:30am as this gives our guests time to enjoy a leisurely breakfast here at 9am. House reservations can be made as late as 3:30pm which sometimes means less crowds.
- If your schedule allows, try to visit Biltmore on a weekday rather than weekends or holidays which are extremely popular, prices are higher, and the house can be quite crowded.
- When the weekend is your only option, it's best if guests plan as far in advance as possible to secure their requested house reservation time; some times and days will sell out.
- Biltmore is one attraction (along with the Blue Ridge Parkway) that is best visited by personal car. Although Biltmore allows Uber/Lfyte drivers on the grounds, we have had instances where guests could not get transportation off the estate and had to call a taxi which is very expensive.
We hope this information helps our guests get ready now for the Christmas season which will be here before we know it. Come make magic at Pinecrest Bed & Breakfast!