The state of North Carolina is easing restrictions effective March 26, 2021.
Cloth face coverings must be worn in all public indoor settings whenever non-household members are present including at restaurants unless actively eating or drinking. Masks are required in outdoor public settings if individuals are unable to maintain 6 feet of separation from non-household members.
OPEN with capacity restrictions: restaurants, breweries, wineries (75% indoors)
Bars, theaters (50% indoors)
Many restaurants are open only for takeout.
Biltmore Estate is open with limited availability.
The world is forever changed by the COVID19 crisis including our bed & breakfast so we’d like to update you on how we are adapting to keep our guests and ourselves safe.
Things that have not changed:
- We continue to operate under the guidelines of Buncombe County Health Department with annual inspections of our guest rooms, common areas, and kitchen with three straight years at 100%.
- Disinfection of high-contact surfaces like light switches, remote controls, door handles, and such were part of our cleaning protocol before COVID-19 because there is a lot of nasty stuff out there we never want to spread.
- We are both ServSafe certified managers for safety in food handling since 2016.
- Our dishes, cutlery and other food service items will continue to be sanitized per ServSafe guidelines.
- We are still full of smiles….they just might be hidden behind a mask.
Things that have changed:
- Guests can choose self check-in/out or be greeted by the innkeepers.
- We will follow CDC guidelines “Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Facility” using EPA-approved disinfectants.
- Daily housekeeping will be by request only. Innkeepers will wear gloves and masks if entering your room to tidy up.
- Decorative bed linens and pillows will be removed so all our Comphy sheets can be completely sanitized between guests.
- Breakfast will be served at 9 am observing physical distancing guidelines in the sunporch, dining room, parlor, foyer or terrace.
- Our fresh baked cookies will be wrapped individually.
- Hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, and tissues will be provided in our foyer and all guest rooms. Disposable masks are available if requested.
- Well-being checks of employees will be conducted daily. Staff who are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 shall return or remain at home.
Our requests for guests:
- If you have been exposed to or have symptoms of COVID-19, please reschedule your stay.
- Guests should follow social distancing when using common areas of the inn.
- The state of North Carolina requires cloth face masks in commercial establishments and any time that 6 feet of separation cannot be maintained.
- Wash Your Hands! We will too!
We have a motto in our family that we found on a fortune cookie “Do what you can.” It’s funny how a simple little saying is applicable to so many moments in life. We are doing what we can. We hope you are too.
If that means you are ready to travel to Asheville, choose to book your stay at Pinecrest.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and Guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
By visiting Pinecrest B&B you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.