Pinecrest Bed and Breakfast, located in Asheville, North Carolina, and listed on the National Register of Historic Places as part of the Montford Historic District, warmly welcomes all guests. However, due to the historical significance of our 1905 Inn, the property is not wheelchair accessible. Removing necessary physical barriers for complete accessibility is not readily achievable as such removal would threaten or destroy the property’s historical significance.
The physical barriers include the following:
- The walkway from the parking area to the front door has level changes and is not flat.
- Navigating three steps (with handrails) is required to reach the front entrance.
- Due to the historic nature of the building, the interior structure includes narrow hallways and doorways that do not accommodate a wheelchair.
- There is no elevator.
- No rooms include a roll-in shower.
So all guests can enjoy Pinecrest Bed and Breakfast, significant steps have been taken to remove barriers where possible at our property. Our efforts are ongoing. We offer the following for those with limited disabilities.
- Grace Suite: Located on the first floor, this suite offers a king-sized cherry poster bed, a gracious seasonal gas fireplace, and a sitting area. The private bath includes a curbed walk-in shower with grab bars for a person with limited mobility. A bifold door separates the commode.
- The stairway to the second floor guest rooms has 17 steps.
- With 24-hour notice, we can also accommodate special vegetarian, vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, low-carb, and low-fat diets.
Our goal is to ensure that anyone who wishes to visit Pinecrest Bed and Breakfast can do so, regardless of their physical abilities. Among the ways we strive to comply with the ADA:
- Our standard operating procedure is that all individuals can make reservations for any room without discrimination.
- We have identified and described barriers to accessibility features in enough detail to allow individuals with disabilities to determine independently whether a given guest room meets their needs.
- We protect our client’s right to privacy of disclosure regarding reservation requests.
- Once reserved, we guarantee that a guest room is held for the reserving customer and removed from all reservation systems. We make reasonable efforts with third-party reservation systems that information concerning accessibility barriers is included on their reservation platform.
- Guests with legitimate service dogs will be provided access to all areas of the inn where members of the public are allowed to go.
For special accommodation needs, please call us directly at (828)281-4275 so we can help you determine the best guest room to ensure you have a comfortable arrival and enjoyable stay.
We are committed to facilitating the accessibility and usability of this website for all people with disabilities. We will continue implementing the relevant portions of the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA) or other standards as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Periodically, our website is tested with assistive technology.
Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. You may email us at email@example.com or call us at (828)281-4275 with questions or concerns regarding property features and issues accessing the website.